Now that the Summer heat has faded, and the crisp, cold mornings of Winter are beginning to arrive, we’re all looking forward to cosy nights in and twinkling Christmas lights.
The magic of Cornwall doesn’t just disappear after the Summer season ends. In fact, a Cornish Christmas is a Christmas like no other.
Picture this: you’ve just finished buying the last of your Christmas presents at a market full of unique, thoughtful and handmade gifts. You’re feeling warm and fuzzy from the delicious hot chocolate you’ve just drunk, and you’re admiring the beautiful fairy lights all around you. You’re looking forward to snuggling up under a blanket and preparing yourself for a brisk walk along the coast in the morning.
Sounds idyllic doesn’t it?
Cornwall can give you a welcoming base to explore the best the festive season has to offer.
Light Up the Sky
Nothing is more exciting in the build up to Christmas than watching twinkling lights illuminate the sky. There’s something truly magical about watching colourful, sparkling patterns dance in darkness, and we’re incredibly lucky to be able to offer visitors another way to enjoy the Cornish landscape.
- City of Lights in Truro, Wednesday 20th November at 7pm
- Falmouth Christmas Lights Switch On, Thursday 28th November, 5-7pm
- St Ives Christmas Lights Switch On, Friday 29th November, 5pm -7pm
- Angarrack Christmas Lights Switch On, Sunday 1st December at 5pm
- Mousehole Harbour Lights, Saturday 14th December at 6:30pm
Gifts Fit for Kings
Swap your off the shelf, department store presents for truly unique gifts you’ve chosen specifically for the people that mean the most to you. Christmas shopping in Cornwall is an experience in itself. Explore one of the fabulous Cornish Christmas Markets and splurge on stocking fillers and surprises for the ones you love… but don’t forget to treat yourself while you’re at it!
Here are just a few of the Christmas Markets you can visit in Cornwall:
- The Macmillan Christmas Fair at the Eden Project, Wednesday 13th – Thursday 14th November
- Charlestown Christmas Market, Saturday 23rd – Sunday 24th November from 11am until 4pm
- A Country House Christmas at Trevince, Friday 29th November – Sunday 8th December
- Padstow Christmas Festival, Thursday 5th – Sunday 8th December
- Fowey Christmas Market, Friday 6th – Sunday 8th December
- Heligan Christmas Fair, Friday 6th – Sunday 8th December
Dashing through the .. Sea?
Why keep the joy of open water for the Summer?! There are lots of opportunities to brave the sea for a refreshing dip over the Christmas period. Of course, you could splash into the water at any time, but why not join us at one of the annual swims and follow it up with a tipple at a local pub?
Brave the waves at the following beaches on Christmas Day:
- Trevaunance Cove, St Agnes at 11am
- Crooklets Beach, Bude at 11am
- Hayle Bay, Polzeath at 11 am
- Sennen Cove, Sennen at 11am
- Coverack Harbour, 12:30
Or frolic through the foam on Boxing Day at these beaches:
- Poldhu, near Helston
- Charlestown Beach at 11:30 am
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives at 12 pm
No matter what time of the year it is, the beaches are always open for visitors! Even if you don’t fancy stripping down to your bathers, wake up your senses with an invigorating stroll along the coast.
Indulge and Escape
Get in the spirit of Christmas with a festive lunch for you and yours – only we’ll do the hard work for you! At the Beacon Country House Hotel we are open for Christmas lunches and dinner throughout December.
Relax and enjoy catching up with your loved ones, while we serve up a sumptuous 2, 3 or 4 course menu that will delight your taste buds and leave you feeling warm and full (without any of the washing up!).
Whether you’re looking for festive fun, Summer escapes, or Springtime adventures, Cornwall is the place for you… and whenever you’re ready to explore, we’ll be waiting to welcome you.
The Beacon House Hotel is open again for overnight stays from Spring 2020, so don’t wait for the Summer to arrive, get booking now!