As Autumn draws in and Winter gets ever nearer, there is still plenty going on in North Cornwall. There are a variety of local events taking place to capture your interest whatever your preference may be. Take a look at our ‘what’s on’ summary below for November.
Trelissick Upstairs, Downstairs house tours
- On specific dates throughout October and November, you can join knowledgeable National Trust volunteers who will lead you around parts of Trelissick house typically closed to the public. You will be able to explore the house, cellar and billiard room, learning about the house’s varied history.
- Find out more here: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/99e973d2-bd74-4a63-b1ca-f1f101bd7954/pages/detail
Trerice: The Archaeology of a Medieval Manor Farm
- On Friday 1st November between 1.30-2.30pm, learn about the history of Trerice’s archaeology with a specially scheduled volunteer walking tour of Trerice and discover its history as a medieval manor farm.
- Find out more here: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/8669c73c-092a-47cc-9903-2e1cf7fe47bf/pages/details
Lowender Peran Festival
- Held between 30th October and 3rd November, this annual five day festival, celebrates Cornwall’s heritage of traditional music, dance, songs and storytelling as well as Cornwall’s links to Brittany, Ireland, the Isle of Man and Scotland.
- Over 300 performers take part in this fun, family-friendly festival held in Newquay. Find out more here: https://www.lowenderperan.co.uk/
Cornwall’s Bonfire Nights and Fireworks Displays
- There are many displays and events taking place in the lead up to 5th November 2019, as well as after Bonfire Night itself. Some of the events are free to attend whilst others require tickets to be purchased either in advance or on the night.
- Find out more here: https://www.cornwalllive.com/whats-on/whats-on-news/cornwall-firework-display-bonfire-night-3354521
- Look out for the one in St Agnes (number 16 in the list) which is taking place at Driftwood Spars on Tuesday 5th November.
Bude Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival
- Three days of live music takes place between 8th to 10th November at Penstowe Manor Resort. Last year’s event was a great success and this year’s line-up promises to build on that as it includes award winning artists from across the UK and beyond.
- Find out more here: https://www.visitcornwall.com/whats-on/music/north-coast/bude/bude-blues-rhythm-and-rock-festival
Bude Folk Festival
- Following on from the Bude Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival is the Bude Folk Festival. Being held between 15th to 17th November, this year’s event is taking place at Penstowe Manor Resort for the first time.
- Find out more here: https://www.visitcornwall.com/whats-on/music/north-coast/bude/bude-folk-festival