Below is a summary of local events that are taking place in North Cornwall over the coming weeks in September and October 2019.
Trerice: The Archaeology of a Medieval Manor Farm
- On Friday 27th September, you can learn the history of Trerice’s archaeology with a specially scheduled volunteer walking tour of Trerice and discover its history as a medieval manor farm.
- Find out more here: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/8669c73c-092a-47cc-9903-2e1cf7fe47bf/pages/details
St Ives September Festival
- Culminating on Saturday 28th September is this annual festival of 15 days offering a wide range of music, visual arts, poetry, literature, theatre and cinema events taking place in and around St Ives.
- Find out more here: https://www.visitcornwall.com/whats-on/arts-and-culture/west-cornwall/st-ives/st-ives-september-festival
Grandparent’s Weekend at Lappa Valley
- This special weekend, taking place on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th September, allows grandparents to go FREE on the Lappa Valley Steam Railway (near Newquay). And there are three railways to explore!
- Find out more here: http://www.lappavalley.co.uk/
St Agnes Coastal Walk
- On Monday 30th September, join a walk led by local historian Roger Radcliffe and National Trust Lead Ranger Steve Sudworth to take in Porthtowan to Chapel Porth beach and back up to Towan Cross.
- Find out more here: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/8ca399c8-9ace-4597-b701-bfb4bc0a5265/pages/details
Cornwall Motorsport Month
- Throughout the month of September, the diversity of motorsport is championed in Cornwall with some great events showcasing motorsport at its best. The final event is Motorcycle Enduro taking place on Sunday 6th October.
- Find out more here: https://www.visitcornwall.com/whats-on/sports/cornwall-motorsport-month
- During the weekend of 4th to 6th October is a weekend of sound, light, music and art exploring the connection between coastal living and wellbeing held at Bude Sea Pool.
- Find out more here: https://www.reflectaamp.org/
Sun and Stars at Carnewas
- On Saturday 5th October, join the National Trust rangers and Kernow Astronomers for some stargazing at this stunning cliff top location awarded Dark Skies status.
- Find out more here: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/1b84bcef-94d5-49fc-ad52-28bdb726db7d/pages/details
North Cornwall Book Festival
- Now in its 7th year, this intimate festival in St Endellion, Port Isaac, runs from 10th to 13th October and brings together local, national and international authors for talks, conversations, workshops and interviews for some entertaining and inspiring days.
- Find out more here: https://www.ncornbookfest.org/
Trelissick Upstairs, Downstairs house tours
- On specific dates throughout October, join knowledgeable National Trust volunteers who will lead you around parts of Trelissick house typically closed to the public. You will explore the house, cellar and billiard room, learning about the house’s varied history.
- Find out more here: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/99e973d2-bd74-4a63-b1ca-f1f101bd7954/pages/detail